The Society of Bastet is volunteer-run, non-profit organization, dedicated to facilitating an accepting and inclusive alternative lifestyles community. Serving fetishists and kinksters throughout Atlantic Canada, our fully equipped play space hosts School of Kink classes, peer tutoring, social events, weekly play parties and more!
We are more than just a BDSM club as we create a space to indulge in many different kinks and fetishes. Whether you are a furry, have a foot fetish, latex fetish, an interest in domination or submission, enthusiasm for rope bondage or really just whatever consensual kink you are into Bastet is a great social or play setting for you.
We are NOT a sex club. We are an alternative lifestyles club and although kink happens at the club penetration does not.
Membership costs $30/person for a one-year membership, or $50/person for a two-year membership. Non members are encouraged to come out to events and check us out!
- NO (or red) means NO. An absence of a yes is a NO. If you are told NO one time, STOP ASKING. (This applies to Tops and bottoms, and all genders.) No one owes you an explanation of why they said NO. No is a complete sentence requiring NO justification.
- RESPECT!!! People, pronouns, personal space, identity, sexuality and all club rules!
- Keep personal gear in designated storage areas.
- Toys are very important items and quite personal items. Touching someone’s toys is not a good idea unless you are sure they do not mind. “Borrowing” toys which are “lying around” is exceptionally bad etiquette. The club has toys available for use!
- Personal hygiene is important, we have bathrooms available to freshen up if necessary. Baby wipes are excellent for a wipe down after an especially intense scene!
- Keep scents and scented products to a minimum, many people have sensitivities.
- Clean up after yourself. If you have a snack or drink, put trash in the trash and empty cans/bottles in recycling. Clean up play space and dungeon equipment after using. Use sanitary medical wipes provided if necessary.
- If you see a scene going on, avoid disrupting it. Be discrete when viewing scenes. Be conscientious when having conversations to keep your volume reasonable.
- Make room for aftercare!
- Use common sense! If you're not sure, ask! :D
I AM FRIGHTENINGLY NEW. WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM ORIENTATION? FROM MY FIRST PARTY? WHAT DO I WEAR? HOW DO I ACT?
First of all, welcome! At Bastet, we are pretty casual about most things. Wear what you like and act natural. Some people wear leather or latex or corsetry. Some people might wear street clothes. Basic black is always appropriate. Don’t be afraid to let people know you’re new. Most people are happy to share what they know with people who like to learn. Orientation night is run by a friendly member or two who will show you our space, read you our ground rules, give you an idea of etiquette and let you ask questions. There’s also some time just for socializing and getting to know both new and established members.
Do I have to be a member to go to a party, class or other event?
No! Guests are welcome at all Society of Bastet events. A member in attendance will be happy to sign you in and explain everything.
I don’t know any members. What do I do?
That’s perfectly ok! We get new members all the time! We do reccomend you go over the rules and attend an orientation but it isn’t mandatory. Drop in to any Saturday night play party, rope night, or school of kink class and tell the person working door that you are new!
I’m 18. Can I come to a party?
Sorry, friend, but you have to be 19 in Nova Scotia to sign a contract, so you have to be 19 to sign a waiver at the club. Many SoK classes and other events admit 18-year-olds. We’d love to see you there (and after your 19th birthday, of course!).
Do I have to play at my first party? Am I allowed to?
Nobody has to play at Bastet ever. If you want to (and someone wants to play with you), you can! It’s really as simple as that.
OK, so I know the rules say no drugs or alcohol. But what about pre-drinking? Can I smoke up in your parking lot?
For the love of all that is kinky, don’t. Alcohol, drugs and kink are a risky combination. Please don’t try it at the club’s space. People found to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will be asked to leave.
OK, so I know the rules say _whatever_, but I’m an exception, right?
Sorry, pal. Rules are rules and everyone must follow them, from the lowest slave to the Domliest Dom/me. If you see a rule being broken, please alert the DM on duty. If you feel the DM hasn’t adequately addressed your concern, please contact the Sheriff. We want the club to be as safe as possible for everyone involved.
You guys seem really cool! How can I help out?
Thanks! You seem pretty cool, too! We’re entirely volunteer-run, so there are always ways to donate your time and energy. Interested in volunteering? Email email@example.com! We don’t say no to monetary donations, either! If you’ve got toys, gear or furniture you’re looking to pass to a good home, we might be able to adopt them, or raffle them as a fundraiser.
Have a question not answered here?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get you an answer.
If your question is popular, we’ll add it to the FAQ!